Saturday, May 30, 2015

Dividend Income Update - May 2015


Each month I will post dividends received to keep track of earned passive income. Opening a new position or adding to an existing position on a regular basis causes increases in income on a monthly or quarterly basis.

I've begun investing only since the last 8 months i.e. since Oct 2014 and I'm beginning to experience a wee bit of the snowball effect. Many a drop, makes an ocean.

May 2015 Dividends received 


  • AT&T Inc. (T) - $9.40
  • Apple Inc. (AAPL) - $15.60
  • HCP, Inc. (HCP) - $13.00
  • AbbVie Inc. (ABBV) - $9.18

Total dividends received during the month of May: $47.18.
I did not have dividend earnings in May 2014 and hence cannot do a %increase comparison.

One of my goals is to receive $400 in dividend income during this calendar year. I've now received $132.20 in the first 5 months. This is 33% of my goal. I've some catching up to do.I may not be able to meet my goal due to expenses later this year (expecting our 2nd baby and a trip to home country)


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment