Saturday, May 9, 2015

Recent Buy - W.P.Carey Inc

I had approximately $1K sitting in my newly opened Roth IRA and decided to put the capital to use. The market was in the red and I couldn't resist!!

This is a new position and one that many have purchased in the recent past and is approx 14% off 1 year highs. 

I purchased 16 shares of W.P. Carey Inc. (WPC) on 5/6/15 for $62.99 per share.

This purchase adds $60.96 to my annual dividend income, based on the current $0.9525 quarterly dividend.


 My dividend stock portfolio will pay $468.37 in dividends over the next 12 months.


2 comments:

  1. I know the REITs have been quite popular among many of the dividend bloggers recently as all REITs took a nice tumble in recent weeks because of bond and Fed fears regarding interest rates. WPC is one of the more stable companies. I just bought into three health REITs, HCP, HCN, VTR. These are my first REIT plays in my long term dividend growth portfolio. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HCP is a dividend aristocrat and has come off its peak by 20%. Ventas is off its highs of 80+ as well.
      My REIT basket includes HCP and WPC.

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Best wishes.

      Delete