Sunday, December 4, 2016

Portfolio Updates - First time 401K

Hi Folks!

I've updated my Portfolio  page after a long time. Its been a steady weekly buying via my Loyal3 account and I've been re-investing the dividends every 2-3 months at my TD Ameritrade and Scottrade accounts .

I've never had a 401K account before June, this year. 
Let me explain ..
I've been in the USA since 2008 and never thought I'd be going thru' the green card procedures until 2013. This is the first step towards citizenship.

Being a contractor in the IT industry had me constantly pushing the thought away. Finally in June this year, I decided that I needed to get serious and took the first steps and inquired about the 401K. I started contributing soon thereafter 15% of my weekly paycheck and have bumped it to 18% a few weeks ago. Its been sweet!! Its been accumulating rapidly. I do plan on contributing the maximum in 2017 and beyond.

God bless you and may He give you all the wisdom to invest wisely.

Thank you for reading!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on starting the 401k. Don't forget to invest enough to get your free employer match.

    ReplyDelete